Thursday, November 12, 2009

Please Pray

Jeremy and Futing are sleeping, but I am awake for now. I got up and looked out the window and the snow is coming down quite steadily. Please pray that there is no delay to our flight this afternoon. When we arrived our guide told us we were quite fortunate that there were no delays to our arriving flight as they are common in good circumstances. We know what snow can do to Philly airports so I am a little concerned about what it can do in Shenyang.

I was just able to confirm with our contact at Children's Hospital that they were able to arrange an interpreter for Futing for our first evaluation appointment with them. CHOP has a fabulous adoption unit and one of their coordinators has been emailing with me during our trip to offer ideas and encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Heather (MDMOM) from Bethany Boards here. You have my prayers. The trip to China was, hands down, on of the most exhausting, emotionally challenging and life-changing thing we have done. Once you are home, you perspective will change and the full impact of your experiences will hit you. It is really amazing. I pray the snow is not hindering your travel.

    Your little guy is so adorable!! Of course you are in love...he is so kissable!

    I pray your time together is a chance for him to really realize that you are his FOREVER Mommy and Babe. Once home he is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having siblings!! Our Maddie really came out of her shell after meeting her loving brothers!

    God Bless, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I pray you are already there!

    Hey, do you live in the Philly area? I do! Such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim and Jeremy,
    Although I haven't been posting, I have been praying constantly and glued to your posts. I missed the few days you couldn't send a blog. Jonathan is sooooo cute. I continue to pray for his journey with you and to his siblings. What a reunion that will be. Hope his cold is better now. I admire you both so much and thank God there are people like you who care so much.
    Love and continuing prayers,
    Sarah preston

    ReplyDelete