Monday, November 30, 2009

First day on our own







Picture 1, 2, & 3- Jonathan wanted to do school work like the big kids.
Picture 4- Apparently the big wheel is too easy, he thought he would try the bike
Picture 5- Jonathan and Jordan

Today Jeremy went back to work after being out for almost a month. This left me home alone with the 5 kids. I am happy to report that we are successfully surviving! (although we do miss having Daddy around!) We started back to school work today after taking last week off. I have come to the conclusion that all of us need routine. The routine of doing schoolwork. Routine gives us something to do instead of wandering around aimlessly looking for trouble. We have started out very slowly, but accomplished what I set out to do. We even successfully navigated a trip to the library and the pet store. Don't get me wrong, it has been a LONG day, I am tired and it is only 3:46- how many hours till bedtime? But all the kids are alive, they cleaned up the playroom and now everyone except Jonathan is watching Home Alone (courtesy of the library). Jonathan is playing trucks and going from room to room checking on everyone. Only 2 more hours till daddy comes home. I think we can make it. I am sure not all days will go this smoothly, but for now I enjoy the fact that today was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I have 2 now at home for the past month, and it tires me out, and one is in school all day. I know the feeling "how many hours til bedtime" when it is only afternoon. Hang in there, I know I am trying to.

    ReplyDelete