Monday, November 9, 2009

Being Real

We are hoping to attach a video to go with this post so that you can see just how cute Futing really is. He loves to watch himself on video and smiles for pictures. It is quite evident that he was well taken care of and loved. Overall, yesterday went well. We got lots of smiles. We learned that he loves watermelon; he sucks his one finger when falling asleep; he loves cars, buses and anything that can crash or go "teet teet" (Chinese horns go "teet teet" not "beep beep".) He also has absolutely no problem getting around. He hops extremely quickly using his hands and one leg. Yesterday we went to the playroom here in the hotel and he climbed the slide (by himself) and went right on down into a ball pit. He is all boy and will keep us on our toes.

If you are paying attention to the time you are reading this post, yes it is almost 5:00 AM here in China. Futing has a very bad cold and is snoring and breathing quite loudly and honestly Jeremy and I have not been able to sleep well with the sound effects, but he is sleeping which is the good news. Yesterday we had moments where he would get a really sad look and just ask for his mama. If we took him to look out the window he would just sit there as if he were looking for her down on the street. I am sure we are going to have many more moments like this. We are going to have our guide talk to him with us today, but I am not sure how you get a 3 year old to comprehend what is going on. We are also going to try and come up with another name for me like "Mommy" or something else as to separate me from his foster mom who must have loved him very much. We want to honor and respect the relationship he had with her we just need to figure out how to do that.

Please continue to pray for us. Pray that Futing will get better, that Jeremy and I will get the sleep we need, and that Futing will allow us to comfort him. Pray also for Amanda, Tyler, Jordan and Ben at home in the USA. Last night we were able to Skype with them and they were able to meet Futing. He was getting tired so it was a short visit. Pray for us as we are really, really missing them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm continuing to pray for all of you.

    Futing is a handsome and happy little guy, and I am so thrilled that things are going as well as they are. These weeks in China will probably be the most difficult and the most important in your bonding as it is just the two of you and your little boy.

    I referred to myself as Mommy in China, because, like you, I wanted to honor Cheeky's relationship with her foster mother. She still calls me that, but also uses Ma quite frequently now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures and updates, I am absolutely loving them. I am praying for oth of you quite often. He is so cute and I will pray his cold gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete