Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby Book Firsts

So far this has been a slow-paced morning for us here.  We just wrapped up a longish Skype session with the children and Aunt Peggy and Lauren (who are pinch hitting for Mom-mom at the moment.)

Kim started to sing "The Wheels On the Bus" with Futing.  He peeked in the mirror by his bed, saw me, and said "Baba!" 

I said,  "Ni hao, Futing"

Then it was a giggle and "Ni hao, Mama."

And then it came ... our first, spontaneous hugs from our little guy.  Futing hugged Kim, and then scrambled across the bed and hugged me. 

Kim and I were both stunned and happy and, if we let ourselves, I think we both would have had a good cry just then!

3 comments:

  1. Suzannes Crazy Friend - MichelleNovember 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM

    KIm I am so happy for you and jeremy I just watch so many beautiful videos of futing i can't wait to meet him I will keep u and your whole family in my prayers u truely r blessed have a safe and memorable journey back home p.s. suzanne and john, and andrew r at my house they shared this with us i was moved to tears for futing but i was also moved knowing you and jeremy will be the best parents for him all our love to u all

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet-- I am so happy that another child is given a chance to experience a family. You are a lucky set of parents!

    ReplyDelete