Wednesday, July 28, 2010

strange things being said

It is only 9:00 AM and already strange conversations are occurring in our house~

"Please don't play with your brothers leg"
"I don't care if he isn't wearing it- it is not a toy!"

"my leg makes me too slow- I NO like it!" guess who said that one.

"it squeezes me too tight"- need to address this one with PT guy.

"you only have to wear your leg for a little bit after lunch today"
(thinking to myself- we are going food shopping really soon and there is no way you will be able to get in the little car attached to the shopping cart with your leg on)

Amanda- "What are you going to name your leg?" Who names a leg???

New rules-
1. You don't play with your brothers leg
2. The leg is not a weapon - (no matter what Pastor Joe said about letting boys play with weapons)
3. If you wear your leg after lunch even for a little while- I will give you whatever you want- OK- just thinking this one in my head.

It is going to be a fun day! Off to pet club at the library, then food shopping with all 5 kids and then home to practice wearing the leg. Ok- maybe it does need a name.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, those are certainly phrases that most families don't use! I hope things go well today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We say things like that all the time at our house too so I can relate. Some of things often said at our house... "where did you leave your leg" or "get dressed and put your leg on because it's time to go". Two of our boys have prosthetic legs and two of our other kids have prosthetic arms. It will take some time for Jonathan to get used to his new leg but I bet he'll be running in no time. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter, Kortney, seems to be gifted at naming things. I told her your story and sent her the picture of the leg you posted here. Here's her response: "Hmm. I'd say Scout, Rover, or Hi-Yo Silver. You want something that sounds like its going to take you some place. :)" For what it's worth...

    ReplyDelete