Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jonathan




Today Jonathan turns 3! Although, we wish we could be with him to help him celebrate, we are looking forward to having a big party next year! Yesterday, some totally awesome friends surprised me with a birthday cake for Jonathan. Their simple gesture made me cry, but was also the encouragement that I needed. The cake and singing made this journey feel real. Some days, it can feel like we have made this all up and it is just a dream. But yesterday, listening to over 20 people sing happy birthday to our boy made it feel real. It also made me feel loved. I have been so blessed with a great group of ladies to call my friends.
So, today we think of Jonathan and pray that he will be loved and kept safe till we can bring him home. I also think of his birthmom and wonder if she is thinking of the son she loved enough to give a better life. She gave birth to him 3 years ago today. I pray that she will somehow know in her heart that he is loved.
Happy Birthday, Jonathan! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment