Monday, July 20, 2009

91 days and waiting (but whose counting)

I was asked today by a friend if I was nesting. Do adoptive parents nest? I'm not sure if they do or not, but I am either nesting or trying to not lose my sanity. The waiting is not so bad if I am involved in a project. Last week, I painted Jonathan's room and it looks great! Today, I took down the wallpaper in part of our downstairs hallway and prepped Amanda's room to be painted. Tomorrow, I will paint the hallway and hopefully get a coat of primer on Amanda's walls. If I am physically working, I can't be obsessing over the fact that our LOA has not arrived. It is a very frustrating time, as not much paperwork has been coming out of China the last few weeks. So, I guess the one good aspect of all this waiting is that some of the home improvement projects we have been putting off are finally getting done. If this wait continues much longer, I may take down the wallpaper in the kitchen and paint in there also!

On a different note, today Jeremy and I are celebrating 13 wonderful years of marriage. Yesterday, thanks to Mom-mom and Pop-pop, we were able to go out to a very nice lunch date. We had a good time. It is hard to believe that we have been married for 13 years! This time last year, Jeremy was finishing up his masters degree and we were in survival mode. Now, we are waiting for Jonathan to come home. The difference a year makes. One of the many things that I love about Jeremy is that he is open to God's call on his life and willing to take risks. He does not settle for the status quo. He doesn't like to "be comfortable" for too long. Those traits are what helps our marriage stay strong. We both have strived to follow God's call on our lives and we are both open to responding to that call even if it means traveling to China to bring home a little boy who needs a family. Not many men would say yes when their wives suggest it may be time to look into adopting a little boy. Jeremy embraced the idea and wasn't even shocked (we had talked about this possibility before we even married). We are both looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries together and who knows what other journeys God may call us on.

No comments:

Post a Comment