Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What a day!

Wow, it has been a day of great things happening. First, we got our fingerprinting appointment in the mail (now I can stop stalking the mailman). It is for next Tuesday, March 10th. It is actually sooner then I thought it might me- thank you God! Then I finally talked to our pediatrician who gave us a thumbs up regarding Jonathan's health. Everything looks great. Our social worker told me again today that it is very rare to see a referral report that reads so positive. I compared Jonathan's height and weight to Ben's (when he was 2) and they are almost exact, which is amazing -- it means he is getting good care. I then had the privilege of calling our social worker and officially accepting the referral. We now have some more official paperwork to do in the next few days, but I don't mind as it will bring us one step closer to bringing Jonathan home.

Many of you have asked if being matched now will speed anything up. Short answer- we don't know. It doesn't change anything with US immigration. But it may speed things up on the china side as our paperwork will automatically be matched to his.

Please continue to pray for a quick time frame. Please also pray that God will provide the needed finances to bring Jonathan home. We are going to begin some grant writing this week and are trusting for God to provide. We so appreciate your prayers. They mean so much to us!

Thank you for joining us on this journey to bring Jonathan home!

No comments:

Post a Comment