Saturday, February 21, 2009

So we continue to wait for any movement from US immigration. I am accepting the fact that we will have to wait. Both Jeremy and I were reminded separately this morning of the verse in Isaiah 40:31 that says "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Sometimes I can find myself thinking- it is taking too long, is it worth all the time, emotion and money. But then I am reminded that once we have our little boy in our arms- the memory of this time now will just fade away. This little boy in China is in so many ways already a part of our family. I couldn't imagine abandoning this journey now. Our family will not be complete until he is home with us. So it is up to me with how I choose to spend this "waiting" time. Am I using this time to grow closer to God, to strengthen my relationship with my husband and children? am I using this time to grow stronger for the journey that is still before us/me? or am I using this time to complain about having to wait. The choice is mine. And so today I claim Isaiah 40:31 and trust that God will renew my strength and give me a heart that seeks after Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment