Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, China Momma

#54 M. DOB 7/15/2006 (estimated) found on 10/25/2006 at 1st floor Outpatient Hall of Dalian Children's Hospital. Missing right leg. These words are taken from Jonathan's finding ad which was in the local paper in Liaoning. This ad must be run before any child can be placed for adoption.




She cared. She loved her son. We don't know why she felt like she couldn't take care of him. I can just imagine the joy at his birth. A boy. Then comes the realization that he is missing a leg. She took care of him for 3 months. We will never know what happened on October 25th that caused her to take him to a hospital and to return home with empty arms. She left him in a hospital. Knowing he would be found. Knowing he would be safe. Did she hide and wait till someone discovered him? I can only assume she is alive and living somewhere in China. A mother does not forget her son. I am sure not a day goes by where she does not wonder about her little boy. Where is he? Is he safe? Is he in China? Is he in America? I wish that I could let her know he is ok. He is better then ok, he is thriving. He is loved. He is part of a family that will love him and take care of him forever. She took care of him and loved him for 3 months. The first three months of his life.

This Mother's Day I am choosing to honor the mother of Li Futing. Wherever you are in the world, know that I love him. He is my son. You will always be his China Momma. We look at pictures of China, we talk about you. I tell him that he has a China Momma, who loved him so much, that she choose to give him life. We will probably never have the opportunity to meet but this Mother's Day it is my prayer that she will know in her heart that Jonathan is safe and most importantly he is loved. Thank you for choosing life, so that I can have the privilege of raising Jonathan Futing and calling him my son.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, our sons have similar stories. Our son was also found in a hospital at 2 months of age. It breaks my heart to think of all the caregivers our children have had. I too wish I could just let his parents have peace knowing their son is taken care of. Jonathan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete